Monday, September 17, 2007

Temple of Heaven... and I bought a sword.







9/14

Today we went to the Temple of Heaven. It was a rainy day but Tim, Jen and I still decided we would rent bikes and ride there. It was about a 45 minute ride from our hostel to the temple. The rain wasn’t coming down too hard so it was really fun.
The temple was very beautiful. I must give it its due even though the great wall and the forbidden city completely blew it out of the water. But it was a nice tour till about noon then we went back to the hostel for lunch and had a free day for the rest of the day.
I took the freeness to go out and do a little bit of haggling for some gifts for friends and family back home and possible a suit. After a ridiculously long taxi ride by myself I got to the silk district in Beijing. I found no suit (I must have not looked hard enough) but I got a sword! (maybe I was a little distracted). Because of the long taxi ride I didn’t have a lot of time so I got back in time to leave for dinner.
It was a slower day, but that was nice.
Until the night. We went out partying. Very fun. And during our taxi rides we found that there are no open container laws in China.

No comments: