Wednesday, September 12, 2007







9/4

Today up early again but I felt more rested than the night before and I felt find even after all the beer the night before. We headed to Qufu which is the birth place of Confusious who was a great Chinese philosophical pioneer. There was a lot to see and we had a lot of things to do so were went through the area quite quickly but I still got a lot of pictures. Afterwards we had lunch and a few of the Chinese students joined us, which was really fun to try and communicate. Afterwards we headed to Confusious’ grave site.
Then we hopped back in the bus and on for my driving to Mt. Tai. Oh and by the way, for some reason our driver has been on the horn all over the place. I’m not kidding. And the bus we are driving, the horn sounds like it’s blasting on the inside. It drove everyone crazy but we couldn’t ask him to stop because it would be rude. He honked for what appeared to us to be no reason at all. He was letting cars in front of us know he was coming. It was ridiculous.
Mt. Tai was an absolutely gorgeous place! We drove up to the cable car that would take us all the way to the top of the mountain. Up on the top, for the first time it was actually fairly cold. Once again we were rushed for time so we could only spend about 20 minutes looking around, which was really too bad cause there was a lot to see and it was much more interesting than anything that had to do with Confusious. I decided with my small amount of time that I would run, up many flights of stairs, to get to the very peak of the mountain. It wasn’t cold up there after that.
Then we drove home. Way too much driving for today (especially with the horn blowing in my ears so frequently).

No comments: