Monday, September 17, 2007

A dollar saved is 7.5 yuan not spent on Chinese stuff.







9/15

Onto the largest market I’ve ever seen. If you wanted something Chinese, this was the place to come. It was like our Saturday market times 50. Needless to say I spent almost the rest of my money there and I got some really neat stuff to bring back home. (and I bought another bag so that I could get it all back!).
After I figured I had spent too much (actually it wasn’t too much but it sounded like a lot in Yuan) I went back to the hostel to finish up my final project to be shown at 4 to the group.
The project turned out fantastic. I did three time lapses of the last three places we had been. The Great Wall, Forbidden City, and Temple of Heaven. I was actually very pleased with how it turned out. I’m sure I’ll do another time lapse problem in the future.
On a side not I realize there are a lot of mistakes and typos in this blog. Some are mine but some are screwed up translations cause I posted many of these blogs on the Chinese version of blogspot.com, so that’s my excuse for that…
After the projects were shown we went to get some world famous Peking duck (awesome!)
After dinner we went to a Chinese show at a tea house. It was really cool. There were impressionists, kung fu artists, and shadow puppets. Very entertaining stuff.
Then we packed up and got ready to leave the next day.

No comments: