Thursday, September 13, 2007




9/7

Today I reached a small boiling point in trying to communicate with my art partner Yao. He was very nice but it seemed to me that he kept changing his mind about what he thought we should do. I tried to piece together the poor articles he had translated on the computer and we started working. At first I was excited because I though we were going to create a 3D image or animation but apparently he only wanted to show me how to do a thing or two on Maya (3D imaging program). I could understand that he wanted to do paintings either physically or on the computer about our impressions of china. I really am not much of a painter and I had no idea of what to create. We worked a little on our own separate pieces to see if we could put them together. I created an image in Photoshop out of some of my pictures and he made a more cartoony piece on Photoshop.
We later came together and began making a mediocre piece on Photoshop. He made the back drop, I made a character (a traditional Chinese dragon). We still have more work to do.
Later the American students went around to an gallery and then to a park. One student from the school went with us. He was very interested in us and particularly me because I guess the other students told him that I was a fun and interesting guy. He spoke with me about his wishes to study in the United States and I told him about UO and gave him encouragement to get into a US University in the future.

No comments: